Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes
“The future of folk rock is here.”
–– Cheryl Prashker, President of Northeast Regional Folk Alliance [NERFA]
Percussionist for RUNA
“…a remarkable band from the folk Mecca of Jersey City. Their inspiring set, the last of the afternoon, had everyone on their feet singing and dancing in a spontaneous celebration...”
–– Ron Olesko’s Folk Music Note Book, Sing Out!
“The band plays an Indie Folk music that could work on street corners or big stages."
–– The New Release Rack, The Alternate Root
The lyrics are clever and fun. The instrumentation gives even the lame the power to dance. And the hits just keep on coming.”
-– Scott Moore of Moore Music (In the House) in Rockville, MD
“Scott Wolfson aspires to a fusion of style and musical audacity. The assembled group of musicians in the Other Heroes commits to this goal...Life on Fire rocks effortlessly and joyously and ruminates softly when it has to.”
–– Richard Cuccaro, Acoustic Live
"They are a lot of fun. If any group defines the term "folk rock" in a modern kind of way, it's Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes."
–– Jon Stein, Hootenanny Cafe, WTBQ
“All in all, a fine, fresh, new sound and I am sure Scott Wolfson and his Heroes should indie-rock-folk-pop their way to a much bigger audience. They are ready! Go hear them and latch onto this strangely dark but ultimately fun ride!”
–– Kathryn’s House Concerts NYC
“Scott Wolfson ranks high among the outstanding crop of current Indie-Folk songwriters on the NY scene.”
–– Joltin’ Joe, The Mad Scientist Radio Nowhere, WMSC 90.3FM
“…Scott got the Budgiedome Seal of Approval...”
–– Gordon Nash, Music Coordinator Budgiedome
- Played 54th Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival – July/August, 2015
- Grassy Hill Emerging Artist Showcase – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival – July, 2015
- Life on Fire #55 in the Roots Music Report most played Folk albums of 2014.
- Life on Fire #162 in the Folk DJ-List most played Folk albums of 2014.
- Official Quad Showcase – NERFA – November 13-16, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at # 60 on The Alternate Root’s Top 66 Intl Airplay Chart
- Official Showcase – NJ One-Day NERFA – April 5, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at #28 on the FolkDJ Chart – March
- Life on Fire climbed to #8 on the Roots Music Report Nationally – March 28, 2014
- Life on Fire climbed to #2 on the Roots Music Report for New Jersey – March 28, 2014
- The Backseat and Me debuted at #2 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally – March 28, 2014
- Nothing to It climbed to #17 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally – April 11, 2014
- Brooklyn Mermaids climbed to #9 on the Roots Music Americana Country Song Report Nationally – April 7, 2014
- 1972 – Played on John Platt’s Sunday Breakfast, WFUV 90.7, Bronx, NY – 2014
- Nothing to It – 2nd Place, Song of the Year, Radio Nowhere WMSC 90.3, Montclair, NJ – 2013
- Apocalypse Café – Honorable Mention, Mid-Atlantic Song Contest, Open – 2012
- Apocalypse Café – Finalist, Song of the Year, Radio Nowhere WMSC 90.3, Montclair, NJ – 2012
Tip the band: